Divine and Nature Rework

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Inasogard

Divine and Nature Rework

Post#1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Is there a chance we could see some patch notes on the spells that were redone so we can test them further? I see they were pushed to live. Be nice to know what exactly we are looking for.

Thanks
Inasogard

bsb5652
Site Admin

Re: Divine and Nature Rework

Post#2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Here's what was committed to source control. Brumm did update the tlk file so the spell descriptions should match the changes.

*Call Frost description updated
*Quillfire/Inferno/Call Lightning Storm/Creeping Doom descriptions were already updated. No idea why they were not shown correctly in game.
*Fixed Creeping Cold/Greater Creeping Cold code and increased damage
* Increased Mass Inflict Light, Moderate, Serious Wounds dice damage to d10, d11, d12 (from d7, d8, d9)
* Fixed a bug in the Mass Inflict Spell line so that the non dice based bonus damage is calculated correctly now
* Increased Mass Inflict Critical Wounds to 1d15+5 for every 2 caster level (from 1d10+5 for every two caster level)
* Opened up the ER-Based caster level scaling for Favoured Souls and Paladins
* FIxed the Harm spell
* Fixed Flamestrike
* Changed Spellresistance to grant an SR bonus equal to your casterlevel +5 (formerly it was casterlevel -5)
* Divine Spell Rework - All remaining spells
* Divine Spell Rework - Bless, Divine Favor
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Inasogard

Post#3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks Brian!

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:22 pm

No problemo! :P
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

addict-ant

Post#5 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 am

Just a quick FYI - the spell rework in open beta is subject to change without warning. Many thanks to those testing and posting their results - they are being read and acted on where appropriate.

Brownyman

Post#6 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:47 am

Further testing with caster lvl 50

Greater creeping cold when maximised isnt multiplying the extra damage per round. Damage was 50/50/50/50/50/50

Hypothermia according to description 1d6+2 per caster lvl, results when maximised 302, shouldnt it be 400? or does the +2 not multiply by caster lvl?

Creeping doom, still only one roll per round.

Spike growth is stackable, duration an hour per lvl, and does 100 - 160 damage depending on metamagics. you can load an area and watch everything die! The damage is great but the duration and the fact you can spam it means its OP. creates huge lag for my PC as well. Please dont nerf the damage though! Druids need dps! Maybe reduce the duration drastically to stop area overkill! or i hate to say it, stop the stacking! 1 hour per level is ridiculous!

Thanks! : )

fox

Post#7 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 am

Spikes:
It's a good spell and many of us have been using it or some months now. I disagree that it is OP as it is easily resisted by spell resistant mobs. It doesn't work well at all in the end game places. And I also do not experience lag from this spell any more than acid rain or any other aoe spell.

One more addition the dmg is not stacking, you can lap as many as you want on top of each other and dmg will only be from one.
And I do agree the duration could come more in line with the 60 sec a lvl type spells.

Itaasi

Post#8 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 am

Spells with a duration of 1 hour / level actually have a duration of 1 real life minute/ level in game.
That's because 1 real life minute is 1 in game hour.

Caylin

Post#9 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 pm

yes but at cl lvl 50 with extend thats still 100 minutes which is excessive for a damage spell………..

Inasogard

Post#10 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Hoping we are not looking to nerf Spikes do to someone's computer lagging. Its a stationary spell that requires planning to work with.

Return to “General Discussions”