cleric set

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Zan

cleric set

Post#1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:15 pm

bsb5652
Site Admin

Re: cleric set

Post#2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:54 pm

I refreshed the set item catalog so that it got the abilities from the cleric items. Not sure why it didn't pick them up on the last import.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Brumm

Post#3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:40 am

And I have to correct something here:

I had to adjust the log messages here and there and forgot to tell Brian that we need a .tlk update. So set bonus you can see on the website now is NOT the one on beta right now. The changes are just minor ones (like the level 2 regeneration is not every 3 rounds but every round) but I wanted you to know though.

Greetings
Brumm

Samyx

Post#4 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 am

Do we know how many cleric levels are necessary to wear those marvels, and which prcs count as full or half to as "cleric" for the set mnimium cleric level number ?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 am

Brumm: Did you update the tlk yet or you need me to?
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#6 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:44 am

Samyx wrote:Do we know how many cleric levels are necessary to wear those marvels, and which prcs count as full or half to as "cleric" for the set mnimium cleric level number ?

We are going through the set items coding and determining the list of classes that were used for those calculations. Can't commit to a time line yet, as we have ton of things in flight and it's about as fun as watching paint dry to do.
Brian Bloom

kc2345

Post#7 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:11 am

Hi Brian,

Might I suggest removing the class checks entirely and simply replacing them with a cleric caster level check?

Scale the bonuses with cleric caster level, regardless of what PRCs were used to obtain them. This is much more intuitive and fair than selecting a subgroup of PRCs.

Similarly, the bard set can scale with the mean of Bard Song and Bard Caster level, so a level in a class that advances both is a +1, and a level in a class that advances only one or the other is 0.5.

I believe such functions are already used in the nature and arcane sets, and for determining Golem level.

Brumm

Post#8 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:20 pm

@Brian: I updated the .tlk already. We just need a .tlk push to production.

@Samyx: If I recall it correctly it requires 9 level of the cleric class. Just cleric level. No subclass bullshitting.

@KC: I am very fine with reducing the complexity of the scaling because it blows up the code without much payoff. But I need to check what I can do for existing sets without breaking peoples characters.

kc2345

Post#9 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:37 pm

@Brumm

I was just thinking of applying these changes to the upcoming cleric and bard sets.

The good thing is that the cleric/bard sets aren't quite out in the wild yet. Now is the best time to rethink the scaling, as you won't break any toons short of the beta testers - who are meant to do testing anyway.

I don't think the other base caster sets (EK, FS, SS, Arcane, Daggerspell) scale in any way whatsoever short of a minimum requirement check. Leaving these as-is is fine too.

konst3d

Post#10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

No bonus damage?
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Return to “General Discussions”