Adding +12 Wis/Int runewords to cloak

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
kc2345

Adding +12 Wis/Int runewords to cloak

Post#1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:15 pm

Right now, it is relatively easy to pump most stats by +12 by 40 with the exception of Wis and Int.

The physical stats gain +2/ER from magic buffs like Bull's Strength and Animalistic Power.

Charisma can be forged with +12 Cha with a cloak runeword.

I think it would be good to add 2 more cloak runewords for Wis/Int, as this will open up gearing options for players not using sets, and build options for those who do.

Chemic_al

Re: Adding +12 Wis/Int runewords to cloak

Post#2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:27 am

I agree, Fox's cunning and Owl's wisdom ought to be changed in line with others, at the very least.

Runewords, I don't see why not, if competing for the cloak slot with Cha it makes sense to give the option.

Fraggle

Post#3 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:59 am

Agree.

Suggest to give Runewords for +12 Int or Wis adding to Ring Slot, when its technical possible.
With this way you could have than total +12 Cha/ Wis and Int .

Samyx

Post#4 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:00 am

Not sure it is useful except for set stacking purppse adn the eternal powerrace .
+12 wis and INT can be found as DM items. Just tbe patient and you will have some.

kc2345

Post#5 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 am

There are many builds that would benefit from this - not just multiple set stackers.

In fact, most set stackers are already sitting at +12 for their relevant stats, as Wis/Int are usually included in the relevant sets. (Swash, Arcanes, Monks, SS)

Additionally, most powergaming toons are Cha based - EDM melee/Ranged or FS/Sorcerers with Bard/Paladin/BG dips, and don't really use Int or Wis for much - Maybe a +3 Will save?

Putting Int/Wis as a cloak enchantment would greatly help several non-set builds, such as Monk dipped longbow rangers (the Quiver from drow castle was changed from +12 Wis to +12 Dex), non-set Swashbucklers, Wizards, non-set Monks, and Clerics. I think closing the gap between set and non-set users is a good, and not a bad thing.

It would also be mutually exclusive with +Cha, so a character will have to forego +12 Cha to choose Int/Wis.

As Cha requires a P K F F runeword, I suggest Int and Wis be roughly equally as expensive to balance the 3.

Itaasi

Post#6 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Chemic_al wrote:I agree, Fox's cunning and Owl's wisdom ought to be changed in line with others, at the very least.

I know for a fact that the Druid/SS spell Owl's Insight behaves like Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace and Eagle's Splendor:
Base 4 Ability points with another +2/ER capped at +12

Garasou

Post#7 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Another reason why I think it wasn't added when they put the Cha version in is due to the fact you can get both +12wis and +12 int to bracers using the ER3 epic metals so casters who don't need to put it on a weapon can just do that instead.

Chemic_al

Post#8 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:44 am

Itaasi wrote:
Chemic_al wrote:I agree, Fox's cunning and Owl's wisdom ought to be changed in line with others, at the very least.

I know for a fact that the Druid/SS spell Owl's Insight behaves like Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace and Eagle's Splendor:
Base 4 Ability points with another +2/ER capped at +12

nit pick: Different Spell, Level 5 Spirit Shaman/Druid Only which is Half Caster Level to Wis so you can get +12 at ER0 with a 24 CL, and does not behave like level 2 Owl's Wisdom (most caster classes) which stays at +4 regardless ER.

Fox's cunning does scale with ER though, my bad.

Return to “General Discussions”