Volunteers for Vault of Doom EX runs

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
addict-ant

Volunteers for Vault of Doom EX runs

Post#1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:41 pm

O Guild is looking to recruit volunteers for its latest EX challenge - The Vault of Doom. You don't have to be guild members to apply.

We'd like to keep the party to a max. of 8 players and we currently have 4: Fraggle, Caylin, Julehat & myself.

A high level toon (38+) and fairly well geared is a must. We meet Monday evenings around 7-8pm CET (1-2pm EST), though the earlier the better. We'd also like to have everyone on Discord's voice chat to better coordinate the action.

If you'd like a spot please post below.

fox

Re: Volunteers for Vault of Doom EX runs

Post#2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:39 pm

You could just take 3 cows for meat shield :)

Caylin

Post#3 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 am

Its in roughly 12 hours. Any takers?

Brownyman

Post#4 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am

I'd love to join but my connection will let me down, its so frustrating sometimes :cry:

addict-ant

Post#5 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Big thank you to Brownyman and Onomatopoeia for joining us :P it was a blast - if intensely laggy for no good reason at the end.

However, I do believe that ex 6 might be possible with the right set up and numbers - it took months to conquer Abyss after all...but we did it ;)

More testing required! :D

fox

Post#6 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:38 am

I am going to Rant on this Ant. Back to my argument that this game is exclusive for DM or Elite players. At the time of this posting the realm has been entirely devoid of any players for the last 12 hours.
It's super hard to figure this game out at low levels let alone talk about even playing on EX1 anywhere on server 4.
The few exclusive players that do this on a regular basis are having a great time? , ......while the masses of your attempted accounts struggle to make it to the """end game""".
Hate me if you want Caylin, Mortis, Brian, madmage, Fraggle. I gaf anymore. It's just fun to watch :).

Fraggle

Post#7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 am

Dear Palefox,

it seems for me, there is a general misunderstanding of some Basics. First at all, no international Conspiracy vs any Player exist! When we go for EX hunt and testing which Exmode we can handle,we dying often too. To figure out "best" Party setup and size cost us many Shards too. I think i lost last half year more than 300 Shards. Its often try and error, analyzing and than improving playing Style and Party size/setup.

General Exmode is called Extreme Difficulty Mode for all Reasons!
The jump from EX off to EX1 can change all! Especially primary targets are often different on EX compared to EX off!

Noone is forced to play any Endcontent on EXmode. For Lootruns anyway EXoff is most effective. There is a huge difference, playing solo or in a group, especially pulling of Enemies works quite different.

I dont think that my Toons are better equipped or my Builds are much " better " than yours.
In my Opinion there are other Reasons for your problems with Endcontents.

1. Spending to much time at XP Grinding Areas leads to mechanical and brainless play. This simple dont work at Endcontents, you need high Concentration, as you must always react very quick, for EX runs at Event Server.

2. I dont believe, thats possible to play many different Toons " well ". Each Class/Class split has his own buffing and combat Rythm. I sugggest to focus your playing time on 2-4 toons at Encontents.

3. As long i saw, you dont use often some shorttimed buffs i.e. like Storm Avatar before you Tank Archers. General it feels that you are sometimes not willing to use Tactics, probably your connection is not well.

We played often and the brightest Light and darkest Deep are very close together. I know you can much better play than you often do.

All Members of O`Guild are always willing to explain or telling our expierence to other Players!

I will open soon a Basic/General Tactic Thread, hope it helps to survive on RoT and when there is Interest from any Players, i am sure the O`Guild is willing to create an Endcontent Guide for each Area!
But this is tough work and would need time.

Sincerly yours Fraggle!

fox

Post#8 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 am

This isn't about me!

Fraggle

Post#9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

Dear Palefox and Trintitans,

it seems i misunderstood your Post, please apologize!
Several Endcontents are tough, as they are concept to be hard and rough. They are made for Challenge and for sure they are difficult. I remember my own problems with my first 2 Toons. First simple dont work as i dont understand the Rules well enough, the second was a not well equipped Shaman with 107 AC, who looses 11 AC after dispel.
So i know the difficulties with Endcontents, but at least and after several playing weeks, dying and analyzing, at least i was able to handle at this time all Endcontents. For sure Eon, DL, BDL and Vault didnt exist at good old days.

We are not Gods of gaming or anything else. We are always willing and glad to help!
None of my Toons is able to solo all on EX, but few can do all EXoff. Thulthanthir, Eon, DL, BDL, Vault of Doom are very tough Areas. I am dying like all other Players too, before i figure out how a new Area works.
To stand Endcontents you really need descent Build, and the mode you can play it, depends much on Gear too!
But without training works nothing, go in there EXoff, play and analyze. All Enemies has Weaknesses and Strengths, try to benefit from the weaknesses. Knowledge of the Enemies and Area is the Key for EX Chellange.
Read my Tactic Thread maybe it helps too!

I think all Players are willing to explain or showing tactics at Endcontents. Feel free to ask!

PS: sry Palefox, simple misunderstood, apologize !

addict-ant

Post#10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Okay. This thread is about finding a group to run Doom Vault, please can we keep 'on topic' - Thank you.

If anyone would like to join for our Monday night runs, please post below - unless we are at max. party size we will put a shout out in game at the time.

EDIT - just to avoid any confusion: the Monday Night Doom Vault runs are not DM events. We are just a group of guildies who have got friendly through Trinity and Discord and are open to others joining the fun. Doom Vault on ex is hard and requires high lvl toons with pretty good gear and a good level of coordination to even have a hope of completing.

Return to “General Discussions”