A tale of conflict at the eastern front.

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
MortisCorpus

A tale of conflict at the eastern front.

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:43 pm

I will attempt to host a late night RP event, tonight at 2100 PST (9pm). That is midnight EST (server time). I will host the event for characters from the 5-7 level range. It will be an event that progresses the party through a few old and well known quests but of course at a slower RP enriched speed.

All character types are allowed, as long as you are low level. Less than 7... Characters who join the event will be asked to not use any items from persistent storage. No gold from the bank. Only what you have found and earned through play.

Rewards will be credited to banked totals to avoid unnecessary level progression on event characters. I will of course have character relevant awards as well but they will be level appropriate as I am not allowing ILR (item level restrictions) to be deactivated this event.

Hope to see a few there, and if not I’ll simply postpone.

Mortis
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

MortisCorpus

Re: A tale of conflict at the eastern front.

Post#2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 am

So, I had fun, and laughed at myself a good deal tonight. We shall bring the story to a synopsis and set the stage for the next one, which will be much more planned as far as areas and pre-reservation.

The story began as Vaster needed help discovering what was wrong with his runners and why they had not made it back from the Eastern - Coastal Road. Vaster would learn of a confirmed fatality shortly before speaking to the party and then dispatch the team towards the Eastern - Coastal Road. They would be tasked with surveying the scene and attempting to find and return the second runner, "Jasper". Who would never be found, and an assumed loss.

The group headed into the Coastal Village and would receive an onslaught of undead specters, ghouls, and ghosts. They would hold the lines of the coastal barricades till the waves from both the coastal front and the town front would subside. The officer responsible for the troop, and his horse, would perish.

Side Note: Brian, - Seriously, reboot the server. I broke that quest for now. ...

The group would end up holding the lines and foraging outward towards the coastal road and retrieve three large stacks of supplies and bringing them to the aid of the gate guards. With great spent effort they would hold the last tide of forces and leave the forces at those gates to defend with only 7 measly Trinity Guard remaining.

Vaster would receive them and send them just as quickly towards a portal summoned by the mages of Ahala, towards Hilntar, further up the waterway, in the North. They would embark on their journey past the frozen gates of the city and push outwards to the last outpost. After helping rid the warehouse of the menacing Kobolds, the team would hold and rest for the coming adventure, to head into the Kobold Mines... and beyond, seeking the answers for the undead assault on the Eastern Front..

DM Notes:
I picked this time due to the traditional low player base and assumed the server would be an empty playground devoid of any competition. I did NOT find that to be the case. I think the likely hood of not one, but two areas, I had pre-planned being in use at the same time was just a tad uncanny. I want to extend a upmost thanks to the players who without complaint put up with my tossing them from map to map for a while. And never broke character!

The players who made this possible:
Spartan167 - Dascal
Wulf_Jarlson - TozNazir
Corango - GoreHeart BlueBeard
SweeneyTodd69 - Laus Kross
kc2345 - Bardley Cooper
Palefox - Vision
Maxdc2 - Gao Li

Rewards Banked: 10 Shards, 250k Gold, 250k Exp.
Please abstain from using the banked rewards on your "event" character. I would like this team to progress in the purest way I can fashion, while making the stories and side-quests facilitate a easy progression.

fox

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you for cooking up adventure!

Belferon

Post#4 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 am

Yes, A big Thank You to you Mort for taking the time to run this adventure. Looking forward to the next part. :)

MortisCorpus

Post#5 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Last roster was (7) seven players. I will be calling the group full for sanity reasons at (8) players for round 2. Prior atendees have reservations until event start time, where any available and appropriate players will be taken to fill party voids.

The last relevant event roster will dictate reservation for the next event in this line.

The next RP group meeting for this event will be at an hour earlier start time, 2000 (8 pm PST). That is 2300 or (11pm EST). The event will be on 02.21.2018, (tomorrow). If attending characters would please see to having completed prologue quests and acquired the kobold quest from the Hilntar northern trader/merchant. We will move on from having just completed the clearance of the warehouse.

For new prospects, starter gear, a +1 plain weapon. No bank or storage access. All welcome till we are full! Role Play mode on. Extreme Mode to party vote.

See ya there (1.5 hour estimated runtime),
Mortis.

PS, if you have the ‘Captains Journal’ and are unable to attend, please pass it to a player who is able to come, or tell me!!

MortisCorpus

Post#6 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:56 pm

The Eastern Front is once again secure!

We had a good sized group again, (6/8) and the event started on time with a couple of our players showing up a tad late.

Attendees:
Palefox
Corgano
Maxdc2
SweeneyTodd69
Spartan167
Wulf_Jarlson

The group picked up at a newly founded guard post manned by Cata of Westgate and a troop of four guards. They were stationed at the gates to the Hlintar frontier and held long enough for the adventures to receive report.

Some sort of highly guarded manuscript and a captains journal had been stolen and the adventurers would slowly find the missing pieces while bringing a closure to the undead menace.

The adventures would head to the kobold caves where the group would discover the kobolds being used by a powerful evil. The kobolds has been responsible for the onslaught renewal at the eastern coastal village and the manuscript had been the primary reason for all the misdirection.

Once the team began to find the pieces of the manuscript the puzzle came together and the group realized that the Ancients way was being used to channel a gate of some sort, to let an old demon loose. The group would adventure into the depths of the Ancients tombs and finally lay to rest the evil. The remains of the manuscript would be collected and returned to the Trinity library.

But who stole the script? How did the undead get a spy within Trinity halls and at what cost?

With an investigation underway the hero’s take a long due rest and await further orders.. but what will come from the investigation and where they will head next remains a mystery.. for now.

[The group should work on playing independently or as a group and progress towards Vera! Once the whole team is past Bloodsands & Atlantis with postings to reflect status, the next RP event and cycle will resume. Please use any gold found along the way to forge at Bloodsands. Feel free to level up and collect anything you find along the way. Most of all, please stay out of the persistent storage and bank stores. I want these characters to be fairly plain, as if you all are brand new and have nothing.]

Mortis

Belferon

Post#7 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 pm

GoreHeart BlueBeard has acquired the quest for Vera. Forging in Blood Sands is done.

Looking forward to our next adventure!

--Corgano

fox

Post#8 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Belferon wrote:GoreHeart BlueBeard has acquired the quest for Vera. Forging in Blood Sands is done.

Looking forward to our next adventure!

--Corgano

Ready!

Return to “General Discussions”