Weapons and Armor You Want To See

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Eclipse

Re: Weapons and Armor You Want To See

Post#11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:38 am

Shortbow with Improved Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Enhance arrow (+5), Unlimited Ammo (Reverberating Shot)

Might not be rare drop worthy but, would make a decent base for a back up weapon if you are a caster.

It would be cool if we could craft non-epic feats onto items, maybe limit it to 3 at a wish shard cost, 5 for the first, 10 for the second, 15 for the third.

Eclipse

Post#12 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am

[accidentally multiposted]
Last edited by Eclipse on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclipse

Post#13 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am

[accidentally multiposted]
Last edited by Eclipse on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Randomn4me

Post#14 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

*Deep Voice* Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

Apologies if any of these already exist in the loot tables:
Cloth armours for monk (non SF) builds.
Rings with Divine/magical damage resistance. Negative damage and elemental damages can be mitigated by other means but there is very little with divine/magical damage resistance in high percentages that I have found.
Falchions generally at lower levels. I think the first decent find for me was Stygian Falchion at level 24 or so.
Slings generally. Again, underdark sling was the first decent drop on second campaign for me.

Itaasi

Post#15 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:42 am

Randomn4me wrote:Rings with Divine/magical damage resistance. Negative damage and elemental damages can be mitigated by other means but there is very little with divine/magical damage resistance in high percentages that I have found.

That's because Divine and Magical immunity is capped at 15% per item. There used to be random drop items with complete immunity to all the different kinds of damage, but it was deemed too OP and too hard to balance around, so it was changed.
Also, as far as I know the cap on the physical immunities is 25% per item.

konst3d

Post#16 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 am

Didn't played RoT for some time and just returned, so probably things are already changed, but - here is my 5 cents:

1) Heavy armor comparable to crook chainmails. I haven't yet seen any good heavy armor I wish to equip (post ER3) having a set crook chains in my bags.
2) Robes, non arcane, for monks and other dexers. Same thing as with heavy armor - crook chains are far better. The only good one I have seen - is Harrad's one.
3) Kamas, scimitars, greatswords. Probably just my bad luck, but never seen good ones.
4) Ranger's eqiupment. There are a helmet, longbow and dire mace, didn't seen anything else. Just compare it with all these great things sorcs/wiz/bards have...
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Itaasi

Post#17 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:16 pm

konst3d wrote:Robes, non arcane, for monks and other dexers. Same thing as with heavy armor - crook chains are far better. The only good one I have seen - is Harrad's one.

There's the Cormyrean Robes. They have Immunity:Necromancy, so they're pretty good.
Also there is a really good robe in Dark Lair, which lets you summon a really powerful Minotaur for 5 (I think) per rest.
But I think there should be another good robe with good feats. Such as one with a good amount of Hide and Move Silently along with the feat Stealthy. That would be a good alternative for Monks, Rogues, Rangers and other DEX'ers.
konst3d wrote:3) Kamas, scimitars, greatswords. Probably just my bad luck, but never seen good ones.

There's the Celestial Kama and another good one, I can't remember the name of right now.
I don't think I've seen a really good Scimitar. Some of the others might prove me wrong though ;)
There's Blessed Greatsword and Violent Greatsword. They're both pretty good. They're both beat by a well rolled DM Greatsword though.
konst3d wrote:4) Ranger's eqiupment. There are a helmet, longbow and dire mace, didn't seen anything else. Just compare it with all these great things sorcs/wiz/bards have...

There's a good deal of Ranger gear from 3.17 and 3.18. Boots, gloves and a light armor (which really should be a robe imo). Also there's a really good ring from Dark Lair. <Something> Tracker's Band if I remember correctly.

MortisCorpus

Post#18 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Cormyrean Robes immunity to necromancy property was removed in excess of one year ago. If you still have a robe with the immunity, I’d certainly keep that armor as it’s a very rare grandfather’ed piece.
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Itaasi

Post#19 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 pm

MortisCorpus wrote:Cormyrean Robes immunity to necromancy property was removed in excess of one year ago. If you still have a robe with the immunity, I’d certainly keep that armor as it’s a very rare grandfather’ed piece.

I do... but that just means there's 1 less useful robe out there... only strengthening my point ;)
What about making Illithid Robes into an actual robe? ;)

MortisCorpus

Post#20 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 pm

*shrugs*. I was only pointing out a discrepancy. This is Randoms thread after all, and I do believe he is still collecting data for more item creation.
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Return to “General Discussions”