Weapons and Armor You Want To See

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Randomwiz

Weapons and Armor You Want To See

Post#1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 pm

As the title says, give me some ideas on various types of armor and weapons that you think should be added to the game. I am looking for specifics, all the way down to the properties and enhancements on said items. Also, give me a reason why you think something should be added. I ask that if you do submit and idea, please keep it in the realm of reality. The basic rules are no scripted items (No Set Items), and nothing that gives outlandish feats as a bonus, no insane amounts of spell slots and no insane amount of skill bonus's. I am basically looking for concept items to add to the same loot table as Crookweave and Set Item's. As with the Crookweave and Set Item's, these will have a very low drop rate. Now is your time to shine!

*I will add that any items submitted will have to be approved by the staff before being considered for creation.*

Wiz

kc2345

Re: Weapons and Armor You Want To See

Post#2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:04 am

1) Maybe an update to the Echoblade?

Expand the weapon types to include more popular options (Rapiers/Slings/Kukris/Bow) and base the bonus damage on Bard Song rather than Bard Class level.

2) Ring of Animal Companionship?
Adds the Epic Animal Companion/Natural Bond feats and possibly stuff like Exalted Companion/Silver Fang.

Of course, a fix to animal companions themselves would probably need to be in place first.

3) A line of EK-restricted weapons that do a lesser spell breach on hit.

This would provide synergy between their weapon hits and spellcasting, and also give them a dispeller role in group play.

EDIT:
Also, perhaps more of the monk gloves that change the damage type to slashing to avoid the ER3 adamantite penalty

Randomwiz

Post#3 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback KC! I will start working on some of the things you mentioned this weekend and run them by the staff. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Wiz

fox

Post#4 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm

I have always felt that some of the, more rare, Light Armor should allow for more dexterity bonus, the medium and heavy could have more armor rating.
Example would be the Armor of Erdalan, a leather armor that is super rare drop from Epic 3, rare metal quest, end boss.
This could have a slightly better max dexterity allowance , setting it apart from run of the mill leathers more.
Another might be to make specific bump to necromancy casting feats: cloak of necromancy, also illusion etc on other items.

Changing some of the already in game "rare" drops is my recommendation.

necroscope445

Post#5 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 am

A vorpal type sword, possibly based on katana, this would have true strike and increased crit range automatically applied on equipping weapon as long as it was used with its companion blade wakizashi. This would last as long as the true strike spell and the weapons would have to be re equipped before being able to be used again. Equipping both would give the two weapon defence line of feats as well.

A mirror shield. This would have a percentage chance of reflecting spell attacks.

The dwarven defender shield I think should have damage reflection similar to the hooded creature line, it would make them worth playing as frontline meat shield.

A weapon range with a radial change material type attached, that you could use to bypass immunities (cycles through cold iron/alchem silver etc)

A shield with knock down ability, used like a shield bash.

Cross bows with the elemental archers hail of arrows feat, on a cooldown timer.

A flail with the phantom warrior spell ( as we haven't got whips that could pull enemies to us :) ) this could be a uses per day or cooldown.

Just chucked a few ideas in on some of the lesser used weapons to maybe create some new build types.

necroscope445

Post#6 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 am

Just reread the OP and saw the set item no no :roll:

necroscope445

Post#7 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 am

Just thought of another, a short spear for all those gnomish storm lords out there, it would have something akin to shocking grasp on a critical hit .

Randomwiz

Post#8 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I have been directed to stay away from weapons with on hit properties due to performance reasons. We have already seen huge performance issues during DM events when multiple casters are using spells. Melee weapons with on hit properties will only add fuel to fire it seems. All in all there has been some good ideas and I will delve more into those this weekend. I have already worked out a few items for submission.

kc2345

Post#9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:58 am

A pair of ruby slippers that grant the teleport feat and have an On Use: Player Return stone script function?

Or a highly precious gold ring that casts invisibility with an overly long and epic item description? :D

Or a Turbo Plasma Rifle and Powered Armor.

More practically, an inventory item that granted the Blind Fight feat would be incredibly useful to about half of the player characters on the server, and help them equalise with the Yuan-ti other half.

Chemic_al

Post#10 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 am

A Decent Heavy Armour that isn't obsoleted by the mediums.

Return to “General Discussions”