New Run Released!

All that is new.
bsb5652
Site Admin

New Run Released!

Post#1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:46 am

Hi All,

We will be rolling out a new side quest run very soon. It will be a high level and optional prologue chapter to the 2nd Anthology Campaign. I will be releasing it to live beta next week and will post details at that time. You will need to have completed the 2nd Anthology campaign to access this new run.

B
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Tom D

Re: New Run Coming Soon

Post#2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Exciting news Brian - great to see!!

bsb5652
Site Admin

Re: New Run Released!

Post#3 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:29 pm

New prologue chapter of Weapons of War has released to the live server. To start, speak with Jayalor in the Suzial Sentate building which is linked from the North Suzail area. You have to have completed all 6 chapters and turned it in before starting. When completing chapter 6 of WOW, you will now be instructed to talk to Jayalor. Once you do speak to Jayalor and get the chapter start, you will be able to access the new run via your Cormyr World map, and selecting "Luskan - Harrad's Workshop" (very bottom of options)
Brian Bloom

kc2345

Post#4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:52 am

Hi Brian,

I have run the new dungeon twice over - once with Artuo's DD on EX4 and a 2nd time on EX off with a spear weapon master and a passive bard who gave a +11 Inspire Courage. You can see the 2nd run here:

The good:
1) The quest itself seems to work fine. The triggers for quest completion fire correctly.
2) Interesting new warp other ability with the squids.
3) New area looks very good - very much a steampunk workshop feel.
4) Quest reward is substantial - 50 shards and a significant amount of banked XP/GP. This should attract players to at least try out the zone.

Things that could be improved:
1) Mob immunity and AC numbers are too high.
a) Mob damage immunity is extremely high. Almost everything in that zone has 100% piercing immunity, and my spears/Impale were doing 0 physical damage as a result.

The following creature items are responsible:
Draxnag's Full Plate
Immunity: Damage Type : Piercing 100% Immunity Bonus

Draxnag's End Bringer
Immunity: Damage Type : Acid 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Bludgeoning 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Cold 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Divine 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Magical 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Negative Energy 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Physical Damage 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Piercing 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Positive Energy 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Slashing 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Sonic 50% Immunity Bonus

Harrad's Robe:
Immunity: Damage Type : Divine 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Physical Damage 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Piercing 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Negative Energy 100% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Positive Energy 50% Immunity Bonus

I would suggest lowering it to the following, especially as damage immunity can no longer be bypassed like before:
Draxnag's Full Plate
Immunity: Damage Type : Piercing 15% Immunity Bonus

Draxnag's End Bringer
Immunity: Damage Type : Acid 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Bludgeoning 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Cold 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Divine 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Magical 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Negative Energy 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Physical Damage 50% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Piercing 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Positive Energy 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Slashing 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Sonic 20% Immunity Bonus

Harrad's Robe:
Immunity: Damage Type : Divine 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Physical Damage 25% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Piercing 20% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Negative Energy 30% Immunity Bonus
Immunity: Damage Type : Positive Energy 30% Immunity Bonus

This should still leave them with substantial immunity, but will make them a lot less obnoxious to fight.

b) Mob AC in general is way too high, as a quick check of the creature catalog shows the Draxnag mobs and final boss sitting north of 110 AC on EX off baseline. Player AB typically sits at the low 90s-low 100s at 40 with a maxed build, and this is lowered even more (low-high 80s) due to beholders being sprinkled everywhere. As a result, players end up fishing for 20s to hit anything, even on EX off, making the zone extremely unrewarding in terms of XP/time. I would suggest lowering the mob base AC in that zone to a more reasonable 80-85 for EX off.

2) There are too many beholders around. This basically completely locks out caster and buff or summon focused builds. Some beholders are good to keep players on their toes and to give a challenge, but having them liberally scattered throughout the dungeon will just end up keeping caster and buff-focused classes away from the dungeon. The liberal stripping of buffs/dispelling of all summons also makes issues with mob AC/damage output far more severe, as players have to go without AC/AB/Immunity buffs. I would suggest lessening their number and concentrating them at certain regions of the map instead of sprinkling them everywhere.

3) Mob damage output is very high. This is caused by a combination of their 100+ AB even on EX off, high damage weapon, and dispelling of damage immunity buffs by beholders.

4) Zone rewards outside of the quest are non-existent. In order to prevent this being a once-and-done zone, I would suggest working with Brumm to implement some drops on the final boss.

5) Quite a lot of running back and forth for the mid-boss in the North. I would suggest adding a way to quick teleport back to the center of the map upon defeating him.

6) Minor typo at the quest completion. "That's a damn shame, but I <missing word> the effort and for that here is a reward."

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:43 pm

Changes Done
1) Mob immunity and AC numbers are too high.
a) Mob damage immunity is extremely high. Almost everything in that zone has 100% piercing immunity, and my spears/Impale were doing 0 physical damage as a result.
2) There are too many beholders around.
3) Mob damage output is very high.
6) Minor typo at the quest completion. "That's a damn shame, but I <missing word> the effort and for that here is a reward."

Working on number 4 with Brumm, and there will be specific drops added once we balance things out.
Number 5 will not be addressed. It is what it is.
Brian Bloom

Brownyman

Post#6 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Just a quick question, does this areas enemies scale for the size of the party?

Great area btw, Funky music!

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#7 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:45 pm

Yes, alot of spawners take into scale party size and will add more mobs based on the amount of pcs in the area.
Brian Bloom

kc2345

Post#8 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:43 am

Completed a 3rd run after the updates on EX2-3 (mixed) with Estel's Gil Galad (Fighter/WM) and a Barbarian Berserker. 3rd party member (FS) was left on passive.

Overall, a lot more fair and a significant improvement!

Estel did comment it was a lot more enjoyable than before. Final boss was still a massive pain to beat, but there are less beholders everywhere - which is welcome!

Only issue is #5 - where he also noted that the run (around the 8-10 min mark in the video) back to the center after defeating the mid-boss felt too long.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#9 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:27 pm

I dropped the ac a bit more on the final boss, but don't forget he has a trick to be beat so not sure it was the AC or the "trick" that made him a longer fight. Will roll the changes out with Brumm's updates once they are tested on the live server.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:05 am

Updates pushed live.
Brian Bloom

Return to “News”