ROT Anthology Campaign Volume 2 BETA Announcement

All that is new.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Re: ROT Anthology Campaign Volume 2 BETA Announcement

Post#11 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 am

I fully finished development on Chapter 2 and begin testing it heavily. I will be making a push to the live server to put it in an open beta this weekend.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Inasogard

Post#12 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Server just rebooted for the update. Get an error about not being able to extract the new tlkfile. Was successfully downloaded but wont extract. Says to check disk space, file permissions and ensure that the file target is not in use.

Shows the downloaded file as rot2.tlk

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#13 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Chapter 2 has been released to the live server in an open beta state. Please leave feedback on bugs.
Brian Bloom

Valariax

Post#14 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:53 am

bsb5652 wrote:Chapter 2 has been released to the live server in an open beta state. Please leave feedback on bugs.

I have done three run-throughs so far, and really haven't encountered any significant bugs yet. Here's what I can report:

1) Some of the rocks on the cave floors (the ones that don't go to the ceiling) can be walked through (walkmesh adjustment?).

2) There are white rectangles (that should be black) in the non-playable areas behind the walls of the caves.

3) the temple seems fine - no issues that I noticed.

Some content notes:
- I ran a 31st level warlock on Normal through EX2. Chapter 2 is tougher for that toon than Chapter 1. By EX2 the cavern oozes became quite challenging, so much so that I had to use my runic Teleport (on armor) to get out of some mobs, and I got area timed-out (I should have exterminated the passage guardian first before teasing those tricksy oozes ;) ).
- The tiny fairies blend well in the cavern environment (look for their flapping wings). A few of them were able to move right up to my toon before I noticed them (they're sneaky like that!).
- Some of the other gribblies can detect an invisible warlock, which challenged me to use more tactical movement, eldritch blasting and invocation use.
- I also like the variable monster spawning that changes what's in the caverns each time I went through - keeps it fresh not knowing exactly what you're going to deal with.

I'll run through more and report back anything else I discover.
DM - Chronicle
DM - Maëlys

addict-ant

Post#15 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 am

@Inasogard - have you tried closing and restarting the game? Usually resolves that error.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#16 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks for the feedback, the grey rectangles in the cave was an easy fix, just had some bad lighting settings for the day/night set in the area. Walk mesh cut outs definitely needed improved as well, also done. I will roll these changes out after I do another test.
Brian Bloom

Zan

Post#17 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi. Hi. I have just finished Chapter2. 30 4ERLVL fighter range weapon.
I agree with valariax...chapter 1 is easier if you compare chapter 1 vs chapter2.
Fairies are hidden? I was able to see them , when they used blade barrier spells, but easy for range weapon.
two-headed trolls are spooky :}}
Oozies...was not able to finish it...tooo any, had to run away.
Castle is nice and clean, but I think boss face of Kelenvor, was weak. If I have deity Kelenvor, will I have to fight? ;)
I didnt find any big issue. One small, I was shooting and killed troll through wall in cave.
One gold...I found just one gold in first cave in pile of bones :lol: , somebody left it for luck? :)
In castle I found some doors...what about looked door with sing-need key or permit or stop or only for guardians.
Caves look nice, but view in shadowed valley on bridge is soo nice :)

Caylin

Post#18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm

There is no reward for chapter 1 and 2. Compared with the 1st anthology giving 5 shards per chapter and 10 for the 4th that seems an oversight.

The oozes seem to keep splitting forever. We went on ex6 with a 4 man team and couldnt kill them. When we wiped almost all the map was full of them. Maybe make sure each can only split a limited number of times?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#19 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 pm

It's not an oversight, we are not done with development of the campaign, and there could be exploits that have to be ruled out before adding rewards.

I think there is an issue with the oozes splitting logic, and I'm looking at that now.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#20 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:15 pm

Chapter 3 development is finally coming to a close. I have spent a massive amount of time on this chapter to rekindle the classic feel and depth that we needed to produce for this specific chapter or I would have had it done sooner. The new chapter has around 10 massive areas alone with over 25 new mobs, special setups, etc. I will be getting it to beta FOR REAL in the next 7-10 days as soon as it passes my DEV testing. Stay tuned.
Brian Bloom

Return to “News”