ROT Anthology Campaign Volume 2 BETA Announcement

All that is new.
bsb5652
Site Admin

ROT Anthology Campaign Volume 2 BETA Announcement

Post#1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi All,

We will be moving ROT Anthology Campaign 2, Chapters 1 and 2 to BETA on 6/25/2018. I will be posting more details as we get closer to BETA release. You will need to have at least made it to ROT2 Chapter 8 to be able to start this new campaign.

Stay tuned for more details.

Bsb5652
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Samyx

Re: ROT Anthology Campaign Volume 2 BETA Announcement

Post#2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Great news !

Zan

Post#3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Nice nice :) Any secret or hidden doors or party locations {for opening you need high str and int=fighter + wizard party ;) :lol: }

addict-ant

Post#4 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:49 am

Awesome news! Thanks Brian - can't wait to see some of those new maps 'in action'. Had great feedback on the overland Storm Horn maps I've used in events *thumbs up*

Belferon

Post#5 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:51 am

Moar new content!?!? Yay!!! Cool boss man. Looking forward to checking it out myself. :D

Take care, and be well all.
Corgano

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:23 am

I just completed development of Chapter 1 of the new campaign and will be rolling it out to beta Saturday. I will be testing on the dev instance before pushing to beta.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am

The New Anthology Campaign, Weapons of War, Chapter 1 has released on the LIVE server in an open BETA state. To start, you will have to have progressed in the story to at least ROT2 Chapter 8 and have access to Suzail, Cormyr. The campaign begins at the Suzail Senate, which is accessible from the Suzail North District at the north end of the map. Enter senate building and find Jayaor and speak to him.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#8 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 am

I will be releasing Chapter 2 of the new campaign on 7/28/2018. Stay tuned for open beta testing.
Brian Bloom

Valariax

Post#9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 pm

These are beautiful maps, and the gribblies are all over the place. The hills and valleys, paths and cul-de-sacs are fun to use tactically. The mobs also change in composition every time you run through it, which is a nice touch that keeps it interesting. I also like the visual effect of the bloated savages in melee - nice touch!

Since it is a live BETA release, I'll also provide some gameplay feedback for assessment.

I ran through it with a Lvl 30ER2 warlock on normal mode through EX6. On EX4+ the mobs were significantly more dangerous and required much more tactical execution to survive - large melee groups were capable of cutting down my character, who has 106 AC with Uncanny Dodge, 50% concealment (from Retributive Invisibility) and good regeneration. Run-through time easily doubled (or more) in the upper EX modes. The best play-through time vs. xp reward for this particular character was at EX3, but the best item drop award was on EX1 (no complaint here, just an observation based on 8 runs so far).

I will try other character builds to discover different challenges and see how the tactical gameplay has to adjust. I also hope other players will provide feedback from their experiences.

I haven't noticed any glitches or other problems that stand out as needing fixes. Of course, I have only run through with a single character build so I haven't experienced all the challenges that others will obviously face. Nevertheless, so far so good, I say!

Thank you, Brian, for a great start to a new campaign. I strongly encourage everyone to play through this new content. I'm definitely looking forward to the part two release!
DM - Chronicle
DM - Maëlys

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:12 pm

ROT Anthology Campaign 2 - Chapter 2 is about ready for BETA release. I am putting the finishing touches on it now and will provide more details as soon as it is ready for business.

Some quick points:

- New Mappoint entry will be added to the Cormyr World Map to allow you to start right at the Lonely Inn in the Crag Mountains for Chapter 2 start as long as you have completed chapter 1 and spoke to Teledar.

Once there speak to Teledar to start chapter 2.

- New Mappoint entry will be added to the Cormyr World Map to allow you to start right at the foothills of the Darkhold frozen mountain pass for Chapter 3. Chapter 3 is NOT release with 2, just putting it here so you are aware of how it will be setup moving forward.
Brian Bloom

Return to “News”