AC Cap Issues / Character Sheet vs. Reality

All that is new.
Sergoros

Re: AC Cap Issues / Character Sheet vs. Reality

Post#11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:05 am

Its not like people were hiding stuff about caps.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4871&hilit=ac+cap
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16&hilit=ac+cap
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4684&p=34620&hilit=ac+cap#p34620

Even admins didnt know about these bugs, before they were pointed out. Right now, game just became more streamlined, with people finally seeing which stat works, and which stat doesnt. At least with dodge ac, I guess. Dunno if they fixed saves yet.

fox

Post#12 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 am

Sergoros wrote:Its not like people were hiding stuff about caps.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4871&hilit=ac+cap
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16&hilit=ac+cap
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4684&p=34620&hilit=ac+cap#p34620

Even admins didnt know about these bugs, before they were pointed out. Right now, game just became more streamlined, with people finally seeing which stat works, and which stat doesnt. At least with dodge ac, I guess. Dunno if they fixed saves yet.

Ok thanks for posting a bunch of arguments that support what I am saying, it's a guessing game. And i can prove to you that trying to base all these claims on a consistent battle log is also BS. Way too many variables per mob.
I missed those posts from ghost in 2013, 5 years ago, must have been working. But again thats what is of issue, Must I read 10 years worth of forum posts to understand wtf is going on?

Sergoros

Post#13 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:38 am

I just used a search function. When I joined the server, thats the first thing I done. Tried learning mechanics and stuff.

You should understand that there is no malice in these bugs. Neverwinter engine is just that hard to code around. Some changes were amazing and worked out well...and some didnt.

fox

Post#14 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:28 am

Sergoros wrote: Some changes were amazing and worked out well...and some didnt.

Like how original fighter set gave melee AC worth a darn, and then not? With an explanation that some toons were just achieving too high AC when their character sheets were snooped?

:roll:

Brumm

Post#15 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 am

fox wrote:Well sure it's not technically a nerfing, but for those not privy to your innerworkings, it sure IS.

Well. No. It isn't. We just fixed a bug that slipped through. Like you can see in one of the threads Sergoros posted here weren't we aware of the problem with dodge AC cap removal until 2017. We didn't do anything when we get the reports because we waited for one developer to come back and fix the problem. Sadly he didn't get the time to come back so we reverted the change entirely to provide correct data and avoid further confusion.

fox wrote:It is not in the description? No.

NWN2 was always poorly documented. Caps were always just documented by the playerbase like you can see here
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_bonus
or here
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Dodge
for example. I agree with you that having an up-to-date documentation of everything would be awesome. But to be honest I am not willing to spend my freetime to change all the description of dodge AC spells to point out that there is a +20 cap. We try to document new things and update descriptions when we stumble upon it. I guess that is all you can expect from people who work for free.

fox wrote:You need to have a solid game with core rules, THAT ARE DEFINED, that a toon can expand upon not have to reroll every month.
Let everyone in on the secrets.

You are very welcome to help with such a documentation of things. If you write an ingame handbook with information you think a player should have, I'll dig into the code to provide the needed information whenever you have a question about anything.

It feels a bit like you forget how much time people invest into ROT without getting anything besides of angry comments on the forum about what they did wrong and how horrible their ideas/decisions are.

Sergoros

Post#16 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:12 am

fox wrote:Like how original fighter set gave melee AC worth a darn, and then not? With an explanation that some toons were just achieving too high AC when their character sheets were snooped?

:roll:

I have the feeling, your issue isnt with this cap thing, but more with actual balance changes, that has nothing to do with this bug.

Unless you somehow imply, that people who nerfed fighter set were unaware of dodge cap. Which would be very unlikely, because when this bug was reported, fighter set wasnt even a thing yet.

fox

Post#17 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:54 am

It's really hard to relate to folks who really don't play the game much. I'm over it.

Lomir

Post#18 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Honestly, I find it odd that you think the developer's would go out of their way to obfuscate mechanics. The only thing I haven't seen them publish is set bonuses, and that's because they've been very clear that those can easily change to help with balancing.

Other than that, I've never seen them try and hide how the mechanics on the server work. They post changes in the forum (especially in their patch notes), and are always willing to help out when you ask what happens. I can understand not liking to deal with lost gold and shards when rebuilding characters, but if there's a major change that impacts your character to the point it's unplayable, you should bring it to the attention of a DM and ask if they can help you re-roll the character in a way that's reasonably. No promises they'll help, but I've never seen a DM turn down a reasonable request.

Also:

Brumm wrote:It feels a bit like you forget how much time people invest into ROT without getting anything besides of angry comments on the forum about what they did wrong and how horrible their ideas/decisions are.

On behalf of the players that enjoy all the work you guys do on behalf of ROT I just wanted to say thanks for everything you guys do :D.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#19 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks man, and definitely not the case at all. We want things to be as clear as humanly possible with the effort we have to give.

By the way, we have published set bonuses with the set item catalog. Just select the set item type you want to look at, click search. After it loads scroll down past the item list and you will see the set item bonuses.

https://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Set-Item-Catalog.aspx
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Samyx

Post#20 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:20 am

Hi folks
At the end, Time is our issue.
Time from developpers to perfect what seems to be unperfect by design, time from players to perfect their beloved toons.
Our respective lack of time leads to frustration, and that cannot be ignored.
You know I support this PW, I love it, but too much change led me to leave it "definetly" (until the frustration of NOT playing here overrode other priorities) two years ago, I just couldn't afford the adjustments time cost.
I'm just saying : Don't ignore this, for the sake of our (not so large) player base. I'm sure everyone here is aware of this issue.

Time.

Samyx

Return to “News”