Custom Class Restrictions *Deprecated*

What makes RoT so unique.
AGhost_7

Re: Custom Class Restrictions

Post#11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't know lol. I only provided the code for determining the "True Bard Levels". Btw, working on a fix; this is the third time that I'm trying to get it working.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#12 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Brownyman wrote:If you had a mix of Rogue and Bard totally 17+ would that qualify or does it have to be exactly as it says above? 17 Bard or 15 rogue?

It's not a total of Bard & Rogue, but separate. As ghost mentioned we are working on getting qualifying PRC classes to count for Bard, though.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Brownyman

Post#13 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 pm

bsb5652 wrote:It's not a total of Bard & Rogue, but separate. As ghost mentioned we are working on getting qualifying PRC classes to count for Bard, though.

Oh yeah i understand that! :D

I just wondered if say you had a strange mix of 14 Rogue 16 Bard you are still restricted, which is fair enough!

I also found in game a Rogues tool belt CDI. Asked in game as couldnt find a lot in the features section and was told it required 10 lvls. Now i have searched CDI and come across this post by Mort -
MortisCorpus wrote:Class Devotion items are.. done. No more requirements. If you find one, and you can use it, it is fair game! We're going with a fluid transition between the old and the new. With the newest UMD upgrades, I feel good with them being open for use for everyone. I was not expecting this sort of a result from Brian's changes, and I think it is awesome. We're not taking anything away and we're bringing back a little more of what some of you had feared you'd lost. Say you find that Dwarven Defender armor and you somehow take 1 Dwarven Defender and you have 45 UMD, get it!

There has been some confusion, and I think A_Ghost and Brian have fairly covered it, but I was asked to break it down very simple; so here goes.

Everything in the game takes 10 levels per class restriction rules. You get to subtract a level to use it per 5 points of UMD. Theoretically the more devotion you had in a class should lend you a lower UMD check or no check at all if you had a lot of devotion in said class. If you have more lvls in said class and moderate skill devoted to UMD it would be possible to wield specific gear. And ohh, if you have 20 Bard or Rogue, don't even worry about class requirements, they no longer concern you, regardless of UMD.

Some recent good questions:
A_Ghost asked me in game if a level 20 rogue or bard could craft a class required item they had no levels in?
Answer: No.

So, more change!
Brian and I have been talking about introducing a more complex restriction table. This discussion is purely theory, and stuff we are thinking about. To make more diverse items we are probably going to enforce alignment and race requirements soon. There has been some player discussion around ways to make items so oddly valuable that people would decide to turn them in for points. Also, to see if this would make an economy for gear. Discussion around using Item Level Requirement (ILR)'s and the items price, if the ILR is high enough an introduction of Wish fragments or some nonsense. Sell an item, collect them and when you have 2 stacks in your bag, some vendor will sell you shards in return.

Thoughts?

So its fair game?

AGhost_7

Post#14 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Yea there's no additional requirement for the CDI stuff.

Brownyman

Post#15 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Great Thanks !

Redrazors

Post#16 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Does UMD gained from items and stat bonuses help count towards the UMD/10 for reducing the 5 levels of a class required?

AGhost_7

Post#17 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Yes

AGhost_7

Post#18 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 pm

I just checked the code for the restrictions and noticed that its 16 true bard levels or 16 rogue levels for the exemption.

eidolon

Post#19 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:44 am

AGhost_7 wrote:I just checked the code for the restrictions and noticed that its 16 true bard levels or 16 rogue levels for the exemption.

Is this going to be changed to match the documentation, or should the first post in this thread be updated to match the code?

AGhost_7

Post#20 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 am

No, it was a brainfart on my part; its bard levels > 16, which translates to 17+, or bard level >= 17.

Return to “RoT Features”