KPRC 1.42.1 Beta Testing is LIVE on BETA Server

Forum used to keep up to date and report bugs that involve the PRC.
Ladyhawke1973

Re: KPRC 1.42.1 Beta Testing is LIVE on BETA Server

Post#61 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Okay, I could be wrong, but it seemed my spells weren't working as well as before. I'll pull my shaman and double check it, though. *My bad, it is working on Wisdom only now. Sorry about that.

Molag__Bal

Post#62 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 pm

I just noticed a change to the spell Mind Blank. In the past it had these effects (as per the wiki):

This spell renders all allies within the area of effect immune to mind-affecting spells and effects. All negative mind-affecting effects are also removed from the target creatures.

After the update to 1.42.1, it seems to give the following:

Immunity to Charm, Fear, Dominate, Confuse

That is a fairly major change (nerf). Was it intended, or did it perhaps slip through the cracks? I suspect Lesser Mindblank had the same changes made as well.

Kaedrin

Post#63 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:30 pm

A lot of the prcs in development looked like they were turned on early but Brian turned them off so it should be good to go. The next update (1.43) has some new base classes and prcs, some of which were on the list that folks reported bugs on (such as Templar, Mystic Reservist, and Favored Slayer).

I'll talk with Brian about keeping the genie coin updated. I've recently added new items/capabilities that haven't been added to the coin yet but require thought on what they are (* Unlimited Ammo 1d6 Acid has been added to the toolset, Unlimited Ammo Adamantine has been added to the toolset, * Unlimited Ammo Alchemical Silver has been added to the toolset, * Unlimited Ammo Cold Iron has been added to the toolset., * Unlimited Ammo Dark Iron has been added to the toolset, * Unlimited Ammo Mithril has been added to the toolset.)

I'll take a look at using the standard hex and it not reseting the entire curse line (slow+lethargy+standard). Hexblade was a LOT more powerful before I put in an 11th hour nerf. It had a full BAB pet (spell based, meaning it could get up to 5 or so) along with everything else it has. That's why it has the spells like Augment Familiar which don't affect the Dark Companion. 1.43 has a number of revisions and changes to the Hexblade to replace the pet/offensive focus with more defensive spells and another round of bugfixes.

Equipping a weapon still has a number of exploits associated with it which is why I cleared the action queue. Some of them were pretty bad, especially for pvp.

Ember Guard is being changed in 1.43 to be a simple buff on top of earth and/or fire elemental shapes (+2 AB, +1d6 fire shield, +1d6 fire damage on hits). Do I need to keep the shape as is for this server and simply add a cmi_option for the new "nerf" for servers that want it? I've had enough complaints over the years I'm ready to pull it completely unless I get pushback.

Exalted Companion, Exalted Wild Shape, and Ghostly Visage no longer use DR/Magic Weapon since it no longer works. They now use DR (Value)/Adamantine
Exalted Companion, Exalted Wild Shape, and Ghostly Visage descriptions updated

Fixed for 1.43, thanks.

I'll talk to Brian Meyer about his TLK export/comparison tool. I'm pretty sure he has one he wrote that actually works. Just like I have tools for auto-generating a MP version of my SP content (which is how it is developed) among other tools. So many custom tools that aren't really shared around. It's a shame.

Giant2005 wrote:
AGhost_7 wrote:As long as everything is well documented(needs some work on that front IMHO), there's no problem with this I think.

The Documentation is kind of horrible but most of the issues comes from Kaedrin's site I believe.
He has implemented/changed dozens of feats and such that haven't made it onto his webpage. It is kind of cool when a useful feat randomly pops up in game (Like the Wildshape one that counts as proper Wildshape uses for feat requirements, the Monk Practiced Spellcaster-esque feat that increases unarmed damage by 4 levels up to your HD or the feat that gives you an extra unarmed attack each round when you are using weapons). It just makes building a character very difficult - I'm not even sure what the requirements are for those feats but the last one in particular sounds pretty good for something like a Kama Monk.
The main thing I'd like to see RoT-side that hasn't been listed on the webpage are the optional components of Kaedrin's stuff, which are turned on and which are turned off.

EDIT: One thing I'd love to see for an in-game description is exactly how much XP (or at least whatever formula it uses) added to the description of the Wish Shard Store regarding the XP boon. I just wasted a Wish Shard on it just to see how much it would give me - I expected a confirmation box to appear or something that told me exactly what I was getting out of the deal but instead it just made the transaction.

Unfortunately I don't update my site anymore. After having content that was in development used by a server against my wishes I only put the descriptions and stuff on servers/forums that agree not to misuse them. I'm currently working on a PDF that details ALL of the new or change classes, feats, spells, etc but it's slow going as creating documentation sucks. Which reminds me I need to talk to Brian about adding a sticky on this forum somewhere about not using the content on the server from my pack anywhere other than this server. :(

Mind Blank now matches pnp and doesn't block anything and everything hinting of mental like OEI did. Death Attack, etc will finally work correctly. It's also why my next update fixes the exploits with Death Attack.
My latest work can be read about on my blog found here: http://kaedrin-nwn2.blogspot.com/

Molag__Bal

Post#64 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Something else I missed in testing. Dark One's Own Luck (warlock invocation) no longer stacks with Dark Blessing that Blackguar gets at level 2.

Dark One's Own Luck does count towards the +20 saves cap though, so I don't see the need for this change on a high magic server like RoT.

AGhost_7

Post#65 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 am

I agree, you can get a feat on here that gives +20 to all saves for a relatively cheap price(for any class).

You can also get +20 to all saves from spells if you have the ERs... On top of say, divine grace on a sorcerer.

AGhost_7

Post#66 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Molag__Bal wrote:That is a fairly major change (nerf). Was it intended, or did it perhaps slip through the cracks? I suspect Lesser Mindblank had the same changes made as well.

stun(get that from stone body instead), daze(*shrugs*), sleep(lol)...

Did I miss something? It doesn't look like that big of a change to me. Only thing that could be an issue is daze. So where are there dazing effects? I don't remember having problems with that. Wait - whats the effect in 2.6? Sonic traps?

Molag__Bal

Post#67 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 pm

AGhost_7 wrote:
Molag__Bal wrote:That is a fairly major change (nerf). Was it intended, or did it perhaps slip through the cracks? I suspect Lesser Mindblank had the same changes made as well.

stun(get that from stone body instead), daze(*shrugs*), sleep(lol)...

Did I miss something? It doesn't look like that big of a change to me. Only thing that could be an issue is daze. So where are there dazing effects? I don't remember having problems with that. Wait - whats the effect in 2.6? Sonic traps?

It used to block the stun effect of the green dragon boss at the end of 2.11, so the spell was somewhat useful. It is also an AOE buff, so it can be used on an entire party. Yes, stone/iron body do the same thing, which leads me to the question of why those two spells are still so incredibly powerful, while mind blank has become pointless.

Regarding assassins not being able to bypass the effects that mindblank provided, doesn't the spell freedom of movement do that as well? The server is strewn with items that grant freedom of movement for free, so unless that spell was changed as well, I don't see the point of changing mindblank.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#68 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 pm

We can revert it. No one mentioned it during beta testing and was missed. We will handle it the same way we handled deathward.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

AGhost_7

Post#69 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm

I never mentioned it since I didn't think it would matter much anyways. The nerfs to Iron Body and Stone Body were very heavy and I did recommend turning those off on the other hand, along with the deathward thing.

Molag__Bal

Post#70 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm

bsb5652 wrote:We can revert it. No one mentioned it during beta testing and was missed. We will handle it the same way we handled deathward.

Sounds good to me, and I suspected that this was the case. I would have mentioned it during the testing phase, but unfortunately I didn't get much free time to play while it was active. All in all, the transition seems to have gone quite well so far which is awesome.

Return to “Kaedrin PRC”