KPRC 1.42.1 Beta Testing is LIVE on BETA Server

Forum used to keep up to date and report bugs that involve the PRC.
AGhost_7

Re: KPRC 1.42.1 Beta Testing is LIVE on BETA Server

Post#31 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 am

I highly agree with Molag.

Could it be that ALL changes from Kaedrin have been imported? Not just changes from 1.42, but from other previous patches. The change to greater restoration was done in 1.41.3 ...

If this is the case, I'll have to check the entire update history of K's changes to spot potential issues.

Molag__Bal

Post#32 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 am

Another thing I noticed is that equipping a weapon cancels an action you may have been performing, such as casting a spell or even resting. I use the Reaper's Woe sickle to cast flame weapon on another weapon, and would normally equip it at the end of my buff sequence. Doing so cancelled my string of buffs, so it was a bit annoying at first (unequipping a weapon doesn't have any effect). By equipping the sickle before starting buffing the problem was avoided, so it will just take some getting used to.

I suspect this change was made to prevent a certain exploit, so I'm not really against it. Just wanted to point it out since it might be a good idea to warn players before the change goes live.

*Note, I only tested weapons, so I'm not sure if equipping other items could have the same effect (shield etc.).

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#33 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Beta offline for a few days to make changes and updates.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#34 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:44 pm

1.42.1 contains all changes since 1.41.4 that we previously used, so any release notes between the versions is relevant unless I specifically left them out or removed while reconciling our code with his.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#35 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Beta is back online! I have made many changes and fixes and everything is looking tight. You will need to download the files again, listed below to get the proper changes that are in place. Please checkout the Forge Help screen and if you have any other areas you would think it be helpful to players to have other ones, please let me know. It is VERY easy for me to add more to other places for different topics and I would like to make it as easy to get information about our various and numerous systems on RoT without having to visit the website, etc.

You will need to download and extract the 2 hak files to your My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\hak folder: http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/downloads/ROTBetaTestPreReqsv4.rar
Next download the updated tlk file and copy to your My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\tlk folder: http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/downloads/rot2.tlk
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#36 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm

We are scheduled to release on Tuesday July 16. Please get on the BETA server and finish up testing so we can get this release off the books. I will be in tomorrow night testing heavily the changes that I made to ROT infrastructure.

The following are a detailed Highlight of upcoming changes to the Realms of Trinity with the release of the PRC:

- Noteworthy New Classes ( Marksman, and Hexblade )

a) Hexblade - Noteworty for players, you can only get your Hexblade spell options by quickslotting the level of spell book to your hotbar.

b) From Kaedrin: Templar should be turned off, it won't be ready till 1.43 in a couple weeks. I'll send a follow up when I'm home.

- Mechanics changes

a) scratched
b) Equipping items will cause all pending actions to clear on your character. Hence this will interrupt buffs queued up.
c) CON Item equip fix by Kaedrin is in effect.
d) Instancing system updated to virtually eliminate all bugged/locked runs. We will be tagging your PC to the area you successfully loaded to, and if you leave the game via exiting or crashing, the On Module Exit script will execute the clean up script from the area leaving from. Crashing or forcibly exiting the game does NOT fire the On Exit script of the area and is what is causing the runs to be locked. We have band-aid fixed in past, but was only 90% effective, I have a 99+% solution in place on beta. Beta Testers: Please review instanced runs and verify functionality in addition to my personal testing.
e) XP Cap has been raised to 20 million XP.

- Content Changes/Item Retirements

a) All Health Shards purchased will be removed from inventory. ( Refunds will be made daily as the logs are processed )
b) Turken Wings and Legs will be replaced with new versions.
c) ROT2 Chapter 11 will be getting a difficulty adjustment downwards as well as some of the previous chapters ( 9 & 10 )

- ROT Features Changes

a) Easy mode characters will now get ER1&2 Kill bonuses and will receive 85% of gold from kills ( increased from 50% ).

- Interface Updates

a) New help window will be added for forging details. More will be added down the road, but we will start with forging.
Brian Bloom

Giant2005

Post#37 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:00 am

The Ember Guard form of the Druid doesn't get his dodge bonuses from boots like all of the other forms do.
The Ember Guard's AC is listed as: AC 35 (10 Base, 22 Natural AC, -1 Size, +4 Dex), it could be that the 22 Natural AC is 20 Dodge AC which is enough to reach the cap on its own but I don't know. Either way, it is certainly listed wrong and it matters.

This bug isn't due to this patch nor the RoT server - I tested it on Kaedrin's single player build and the bug existed there too.

Edit:
Another (This time very minor) bug I found regarding the Exalted Wildshape and Animal Companion feats.
From Kaedrin's patch notes way back in 1.36.1:
Exalted Companion, Exalted Wild Shape, and Ghostly Visage no longer use DR/Magic Weapon since it no longer works. They now use DR (Value)/Adamantine
Exalted Companion, Exalted Wild Shape, and Ghostly Visage descriptions updated

The descriptions haven't been updated to reflect this - they still say magic.

Sorcerking

Post#38 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:04 am

- Hexblade, The DC on Demoralize for Hexblade still changes with each use in no recognizable pattern.

AGhost_7

Post#39 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:09 am

Sorcerking wrote:Hexblade, The DC on Demoralize for Hexblade still changes with each use in no recognizable pattern.

The ability is a D20 roll + your intimidate skill.

Sorcerking

Post#40 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 am

Ah... Thanks. I feel pretty dumb... lol
Strangely, I thought it worked like a spell with a consistant DC check., but now that you mention it, it is a skill check against a will save.
thanks.
--

Side note, The BETA server is down, or it was about 10 mins ago. I don't know if it is suppose to be.

Return to “Kaedrin PRC”