KPRC 1.42.1 Beta Testing is LIVE on BETA Server

Forum used to keep up to date and report bugs that involve the PRC.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Re: KPRC 1.42.1 Beta Testing is LIVE on BETA Server

Post#21 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Beta Offline until 8PM EST.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#22 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Updates:

Verdant Guardian, favored slayer, and mystic reservist are not a ready PRC classes, removed.

Hexblade issues seem to be the dominant theme of the BETA testers, and I am looking into them one by one. So far most of the stuff I checked is right out of the PRC pack, no merging was done at all on them and are likely PRC bugs that I will need to compile and hand off to Keadrin for future fixes. I will address as many of them myself just to get the PRC implemented.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#23 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Please redownload hak rar posted at top of this forum thread ROTBetaTestPreReqsv3.rar before reconnecting.
Brian Bloom

Sorcerking

Post#24 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm

I've heard talk that the Hexblade class may be too powerful, and I'm not sure if I can say that it is. It has a very glaring weakness. The hex is key to making the build work, and in order for it to work the creature gets to make a will save. If the Hexblade is to be effective, she would need to dump all of her stat points into CHA to increase that DC. This means that whichever attribute the Hexblade uses to determine it's AB suffers significantly. Hexblade attempts to make up for this by reducing the AC of it's enemies. This is an interesting way to approach the problem of hitting your target because it does not affect the AB Cap that so many of us melee fans are familiar with. After playing with the build for a while, I've discovered that it is impossible to bring the DC of the Hex above 48. While the staff could raise the will saves of mobs, the consequence on a Hexblade not having an effective curse is to leave it totally unable to hit anything and utterly easy to hit. Another possible build type I looked into was the Bard/Hexblade. I haven't been able to test it to see if the curse song actually stacks with the hex, but there is a feat that allows 1/2 of the Hexblade levels to be added to bard levels when determining the level of the bards curse song. The downside is that Bard is a medium BAB class. The max decrease in AC that a curse song can do is - 7AC. Using the bard's Snowflake dance to periodically increase it's AB by applying it's CHA modifier, it's conceivable that the Hexblade could fall back on the bardic abilities when her hex fails. This can only support the Hexblade to a limited extent, though, because the Hexblade needs to achieve 20 levels to access the Epic Feats that really make her shine, namely Epic Hexblade Curse (+2 to all effects) and Epic Misfortune (hex effects all in 30'). I haven't put much thought into what Epic Feats or equipment may help make a balance but for now it seems that while the Bard is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none, the Hexblade is the master of one and it's one magic number is capped at 48.

Sorcerking

Post#25 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 pm

- Ranger Two-Handed Weapon Style, my evaluation of this style is that it is similar to the Fighter/WM/Berserker build but with one glaring exception. The difference it that while the Weapon Master increases the multiplier to all enemies by +1 , the Ranger Two Handed Style increases that multiplier to 3 across only it's favored enemies. It's fairly simple math, what really needs to be tested it to see how this plays against the current mob set. Since there are many ways that enemies can be changed to make them harder to hit, take less damage, etc... I don't see that this new weapon style would have any significant impact on the balance of the server or at least none that couldn't be addressed after implementation.

Sorcerking

Post#26 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 pm

I've not played a lot of casters, so please forgive me if this has always been the case, but the Aid Spell gave me 2 more AB than the Aid Potion with Epic Confluence.

Also, if I drank the Aid potion after casting the Aid Spell, it decreased my AB by two.

Sorcerking

Post#27 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 pm

- Favored Slayer, Mystic Reservist, These are both presently still able to be taken at first level on the beta server.
-EDIT-

- Verdant Guardian is also still listed as a prestige class choice

AGhost_7

Post#28 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Ok, so I've been checking what the Hexblade does and I'm not sure what do say. Well have to throw one out into 2.10 to test properly.

Essentially, what has caught my attention is that you could build something like this:

Class Split: Hexblade 19 / Fighter 8 / Cleric 1 / Bard 2

With Epic Misfortune, Rhyme of Misfortune, Epic Hexblade's Curse, and EDM.

Quick throw-together, I have no idea how to build a good Hexblade tbh. Its going to take a while to sink in.

Sorcerking

Post#29 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 pm

I'll be very interested in your results. Epic Misfortune does require 20 lvls of Hexblade.

Molag__Bal

Post#30 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 am

Two changes that I've noticed so far, and I'm guessing that neither were intended:

1) Greater Restoration potions heal 150 hit points instead of full hit points. Since we're such a high magic server, I think this should be reverted to healing full hit points.

Edit: Restored to original & closed.

2) Expose Weakness now has a 30s cooldown. I'd suggest reverting it back to the original 6s, or the feat becomes rather useless.

Edit: Restored to original & closed.

Return to “Kaedrin PRC”