Personal Difficulty Options - Choose your ROT experience!
Options at Character Creation
In an effort to help new players that are not familiar to the Realms of Trinity or would prefer an easier time soloing through the game as it stands, we have added the following new feature to ROT:
After you create your character, you will enter the void, before entering the portal and beginning the game, you will be given the option to choose, easy or normal difficulty. If you pick normal, nothing at all changes for you now or ever for that character. However, if you pick easy, you will get the following and the following:
- Get 5 free permanent ability score bonuses, applied any way you wish.
- Get 75,000 gp to start ( 1,500 gp for standard difficulty )
- Start with 10,000 xp ( 3,975 xp for standard difficulty )
- All Realms of Trinity modified spells that have a Epic Relevel bonus attached to them will give you at least an ER1 bonus. If you earn ER1, it will not give you both. It is just a minimum.
- 15% reduction in gold total from kills.
- Each time you apply banked XP, see Getting Started page for more details on XP transferral and banking, only 50% of XP chosen will be applied to an easy mode character.
Options After Character Creation
Extreme Difficulty ModeThe extreme difficulty toggle mode is available for any character. You will be able to toggle this by clicking on the "EX" button on the ROT HUD or by selecting it from the context menu for your PC. The setting will be saved by character in the the database, so that you won't have to turn it off/on every time you login. Using this feature is totally optional, however, be aware by using it in parties only you get the XP bonuses for the difficulty setting. Only individuals with the extreme setting on will receive the bonus XP. Also, extreme mode does not effect any low level mob, CR 4 or less. This was done to ensure newer players wouldn't be trounced at the beginning of the game before they knew why they were getting trounced.
What it does:
Every creature of CR(Challenge Rating) 5-25, will get the following enhancements:
- +15 to Strength, +10 to all other stat points
- 10 Spell Resist.
- 5/- damage reduction
Every creature of CR 26 and higher will get the following enhancements:
- +20 to Strength, +15 to all other stat points
- 20 Spell Resist.
- 9/- damage reduction
- Bosses get extra beefing. There will be a 50% chance for any spawn point that has been configured as a auto amount scalar that an additional creature will be produced while in Extreme Mode.
When you enter an area with the Extreme Difficulty setting on, the mobs in the are will beef up. A "beefed" up monster will have (EX) at the end of its name and will return to normal name once it de-beefs. When you leave the area, any remaining creatures will be de-"beefed". Any creature that spawns in while you are in the area, will beef up within 6 seconds.
Extreme Difficulty Rewards
- You will have a chance of getting a Wish Shard on every kill of a Extreme Mode beefed creature starting at Challenge Rating(CR) 10. The Wish Shard will be automatically added to your banked Wish Shard Total. The chance of getting a wish shard goes up as the CR of the creture goes up.
- Bonus XP. The higher the creature's CR (Challenge Rating) the more XP reward will be. The bonus XP will show in your combat log as a separate entry.
- 30% Increase in gold reward. The bonus gold will show in your combat log as a separate entry.
- Chance for special item drops for killing creatures with a challenge rating of 30 or higher. See our online Creature Catalog to find out what your favorite creature's Challenge Rating is.