At the Realms of Trinity, we have many customized systems in place that allow you to gain extra experience above and beyond what you normally would get killing a creature / NPC.
Below are the available XP Bonuses and the rules behind them:
RP Reward System
To enable RP award processing for your PC, you must be in RP Mode. ONLY local, whispers, and party chats will be processed. To turn on RP mode, you may click on the RP icon on the ROT HUD or by Shift+Right Clicking your character and selecting Player Modes->RP Mode.
Every hour the system will scan your text for good keywords and bad keywords. Any line of chat that has at least 1 good key word will be given a bonus of 25xp-75xp ( randomly generated ). If a line of chat contains more than 1 good keyword, the benefit will stack up to 5 keywords.
If a line of RP chat contains a bad key word, such as profanity, metagaming terms, certain slang, or generally anything that doesn't belong in RP, you will receive a 50xp penalty and it will stack for each instance. Note: You must be with at least 1 other player to get RP credit.
Once your benefits have been processed, they will be queued up to our in-game XP adjustment system. Every 10 minutes, the server will check if there are any bonuses or penalties for you and apply them to your character. It is totally seamless. You will be given a message with the XP bonus value in your combat log window as they are applied.
There is a max amount of XP per day and per hour you can receive in this manner, it is currently set for 1000xp per hour and 3000xp per 24 hours. It is a sliding window from the current processing window.
Party XP Bonus
Party XP rewards are based on your character level and the Challenge Rating of the creature killed. The following tables shows the reaward scales apply as long as you are partied with at least one other player:
Party XP Formula:
If PC Level > CR of Killed NPC: Formula for XP Reward = (CR * 6) - ( PC Level - CR ) * CR
Otherwise: XP Reward = ( CR * 6 )
Note: If a creature killed is 6 or more CR beneath your current level, you will receive no party XP bonus. A spreadsheet detailing the entire scale can be download and viewed here: XP Reward Charts Spreadsheet
Player Loyalty and Participation XP Bonus
We have added a new reward to players for spending time on the Realms of Trinity!
You will be awarded banked XP (Experience Points) per hour to your account for playing Realms of Trinity. The banked XP will be able to be applied to your currently logged in character from the RoT player feature widget.
The tool also allows you to check your balance, which is nice to see how much XP you got waiting to use! You will also see a message in your combat log stating that you received the bonus to your account when it is applied.
1) The timer will start within 5 minutes of you logging in with your character. If you log out before the full hour, your accumulated time will be temporarily held on your character until next reboot of the server. For example, if you play 30 minutes, and log back in and stay on 30-35 more minutes, you WILL get the award. Also, the timer is based on your character, not you just being logged in. If you were to change characters, the timer will start for the character you just logged in with and above details of this note apply.
2) XP banked by a character will be credited to your banked XP account.
Extreme Difficulty Mode
If you have extreme difficulty mode enabled the following XP bonus will be given to your regardless of your level or Epic Relevel status.
EX Mode Formula:
If PC Level > CR of Killed NPC: Formula for XP Reward = (CR * 12) - ( PC Level - CR ) * CR
Otherwise: XP Reward = ( CR * 12 )
Note: If a creature killed is 12 or more CR beneath your current level, you will receive no EX XP bonus. A spreadsheet detailing the entire scale can be download and viewed here: XP Reward Charts Spreadsheet
To see what a creature's CR is, please check out the creature catalog found here: ROT Creature Catalog
In addition to the XP rewards:
- You will have a chance of getting a Wish Shard on every kill of a Extreme Mode beefed creature starting at CR26. The Wish Shard will be automatically added to your banked Wish Shard Total. The chance of getting a wish shard goes up as the CR of the creture goes up.
- Bonus XP. The higher the creature's CR (Challenge Rating) the more XP reward will be. The bonus XP will show in your combat log as a separate entry.
- 20% Increase in gold reward. The bonus gold will show in your combat log as a separate entry.
Normal Difficulty - Pre-Epic Relevel 3 Bonus
If you have created your character with normal difficulty selected. You receive the following Bonuses for slaying a creature with a Challenge Rating of 26.0 or higher.
Level 1-30: 35
Level 30, ER1: 25xp
Level 30, ER2: 10xp