Gritoit - Restarting after a long absence

Say hi to everyone!
Gritoit

Gritoit - Restarting after a long absence

Post#1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello everyone this is Gritoit. I used to play long time ago. Rejoining now since I fondly remember the game. When I used to play I did so mostly as a paladin named Law& Order. The other main character I played as was Fast &Furious. The account was under the name SweeneyTodd69.

I don't have PMs yet and wanted to be 100% sure I am using the same key as last time. I purchased the game on both steam and GOG.

Also part of the issue is how long ago it was that I last played.

Another thing I should mention is I am on a different computer now.

How can I get the old characters I used to play with? I hope it is possible to get them back I as I did really like my paladin.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

SweeneyTodd69

Re: Gritoit - Restarting after a long absence

Post#2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 pm

This is Gritoit. Just realized I could recover my other (This account) account. Did the account recovery just now. Still unsure how I can get my characters from this account though. Hopefully by logging in to the this account it lends some credibility towards recovering my characters.

Edit: Did a little searching on my other older computer and found a bunch of files that obviously correspond to the characters I used to have. They are stored in a folder called localvault. Guessing I could just put them in that same spot and they would show up as usable.

Belferon

Post#3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

Hello and Welcome back to Trinity!

Hmm, as far as your characters go you could try to copy them over into the localvault, but I'm not sure that you'd be able to use them on the server side of things. I guess try it and see how it goes.

I'm pretty sure that Brian (or someone) will need to go to a server back up and see if he can find your characters under that SweenyTodd69 account name. How long ago are we talking about here? Do you remember when you played last?

I wish I could help you out more, but I'm just going off of memory of things that I've heard. I've never had to do this myself, so please forgive me if I am not correct.

I wish you luck and hope that things work out for ya. Hopefully, I'll see you in game. :)

addict-ant

Post#4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 am

Hail and welcome back to Trinity!

As regards your technical question, I'm afraid I can give no better suggestion than Belferon already has.

Hope to see you in-game soon.

SweeneyTodd69

Post#5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Thank you both. It is good to be back. I think I last played sometime in 2015.

I did end up messaging Brian and was told to change my username in the game back to the same as my forum name. I have done that and am able to see my old characters, however when I select them and try to load into the game I get a message you have been booted. I saw here on the forums that that can be due to a few reasons. I am guessing since I have two copies of the game that I installed the opposite copy from the last time. I have one copy from GOG and one from Steam. I am guessing I will need to wait till I hear back from Brian since the CD Key was likely changed from the last time.

Thanks again. I can't wait till I am back in game and can see you both.

Valariax

Post#6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 pm

Hopefully you can get your CD keys reset soon.
Nevertheless, welcome back to Trinity!
DM - Chronicle
DM - Maëlys

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

CD Key has been reset.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

SweeneyTodd69

Post#8 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Thank you everyone for all the help. I am glad to be back and playing again.

Return to “Introductions”