Character name change possible?

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
kc2345

Character name change possible?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi all,

I've recently had some issues with my character's name causing a string mismatch on ER3 metal forging (reported as issue 1617 on the bugtracker). As a result, I am unable to use ER3 metal forged gear.

Just asking if it is possible to edit a character's name on this server, and if there's a process for doing so.

Can this even be done for vanity reasons? :D

MadMage999

Re: Character name change possible?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:38 pm

I don't think so, KC.

It's one of the things that's set in stone at level 1, not to mention a web of database entries linked to the name, which would be a huge mess to try and untangle.

Best to delete the character and make a new one, sorry.
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

kc2345

Post#3 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:31 pm

I see.

Guess it's a good thing the affected item wasn't a set item then (Sorc Elderweave Robe), and I haven't yet burned 45 shards to get epic confluence.

Would it be possible to delete the character, pump the recovered XP into a more appropriately named clone body and request a DM help make up the difference?

He's easy mode with ~7M XP. Deletion recovers 3.5M, which means the clone will get 1.75M XP due to the easy mode learning disability. This puts me out 5.25M and 15 shards (used to skip to ROT3) and a Sorc Elderweave robe.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:41 pm

I can take care of that tomorrow morning and credit you with the XP to your account and some other stuff to ease the new character.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

kc2345

Post#5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks Brian!

Frostmage v2.0 coming soon then!

(Don't suppose I could ask for 10.5M XP since this will be cut down to 5.25M when applying to an easy mode remake?)

Return to “General Discussions”