Beta server

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Caylin

Beta server

Post#1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Would it be possible for the beta server to be up? Several of us have been asked to help test the fighter set before it goes live which is only possible on beta. I got started yesterday and found some bugs but today beta has been down.

Thanks in advance
Caylin

MortisCorpus

Re: Beta server

Post#2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

The fighter set has not changed outside of some typos in the scrolling descriptions to combat log and some item attribs to prevent double stacking of certain abilities/skills/damages.

The issue of the set effect not removing and rank count not dropping with unequip remains. I will let you all know when more testing is needed. Without a review by another developer, the fighter set remains in an indefinite hold.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Caylin

Post#3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm

All fair enough Mortis but that doesnt mean there are no more bugs to be found.

Besides the set it is always nice to have beta up. But if its costly or something I understand. I just figured it was a matter of flipping a switch.

MortisCorpus

Post#4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Well, it is technically hosted on a server with a functional load. The issue is the process power/bandwidth usage when it is up. Brian tends to only fire it up when pertinent code/items/monsters are pending test. Not to say that it is not a great place to power up a build for testing.

If / when Brian is able, he is usually quick to power it on if folks are wanting to use it. Probably in the middle of his work day.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Beta is back up. We had it down for physical server move and patching and didn't bring it back up when done.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Return to “General Discussions”