[ACCOMPLISHED!] The March Epic Challenge!

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
MortisCorpus

[ACCOMPLISHED!] The March Epic Challenge!

Post#1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm

The Abyss, and the EX angle...

Fairly point blank objective. Go to the Abyss, turn EX 2 on with your five man team and open the portal at 100% HC Mode! .. win.

Rules: ((EXPIRES 01APR2017))
1) Five players, no more or less.
2) Extreme Mode Two.
3) 100% Hardcore mode! (Dust reimbursed)
4) Player(s) listing, with detailed class progressions.
5) Screen Shot of the team at the end, all clear!

Prize:
1) Serious Glory!
2) 1.5 Million Gold per player.
3) 500,000 banked experience per player.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Caylin

Re: The March Epic Challenge!

Post#2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:59 pm

I had heard of an unofficial ex2 challenge. This sounds much harder. EX3 and 10 dust to boot. And the set amount of exactly 5 players both makes it harder to complete but also harder to just participate.

I would suggest lowering some of these requirements. At the very least make the number of participants open for all groupsizes.

Also as dust isnt readily available I´d like to see that go away. Personally I would think ex2 is hard enough but fair enough if Mortis wants this to be very harsh to say ex3.

With the current parameters I don´t really see this happening though.

I am willing to try my hand if others are game but hope for a reduction of the requirements first.

Caylin

MortisCorpus

Post#3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm

I know EX 1, HC 100% has been accomplished. EX 2, I think has been done but not with HC at 100%. Exp and gold reduced but dust will be compensated. With the dust drops in Thanthul now, it should be feasible to get a group and round up enough.

addict-ant

Post#4 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Thank you Mort :D

...and thank you Caylin - I was going to say the same ;)

I'm certainly up for the challenge.

kc2345

Post#5 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Would love to try, but I get huge action delays of up to 30s whenever action gets too intense (or somebody casts a missile storm) - so I'm pretty much unable to participate properly :(

This is also why I tend to spam heals in DM events rather than fight, as my characters become almost totally unresponsive otherwise.

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this (short of shifting country to be next to the server), I'd be happy to try.

Arturo Servantis

Post#6 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Oh the wild charge they made...

To a great and glorious victory on both EX 2 and EX 3 at the abbys

The victorious few were:

Antarian Shadow-Scale - addict-ant
Mist - MadMage999
Adin Vic - jwm1972
Oakenheart - Arturo Servantis
Caitlin Twinsword - Caylin

MortisCorpus

Re: [ACCOMPLISHED!] The March Epic Challenge!

Post#7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Accounts credited. A very fine job, well done! I honestly was not sure that EX3 would be possible, and now we have .. grounds to attempt EX4..

Awesome!
Mortis

kc2345

Post#8 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 pm

:o Congratulations!

Caylin

Post#9 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 am

It was glorious! Though going to Work today on only 4.5 hours sleep kinda sucks I would say it was worth it.

For those interested:

Ex2 went better than expected. The Group was high powered and all of us on discord for faster responsetimes. No real trouble on ex2 except for Vra dieing at the instant he stunned some of us meaning they were out of the fight until they were killed and could respawn (that feature/bug definately needs looking at).

Ex3 was a lot harder than ex2. A huge increase in time to kill bosses meaning a lot more spawns bogging us Down. It got hairy at the end when our healer ran out of aoe heals and several deaths happened. Shard use for rez was necessary as know one had any time to spare.

A sound plan and good coordination along with all sticking to the plan saw us through though. In total we got 25 ish runes and at the rolloff we had 4 20´ies. Thats even more improbable than succeeding on the challenge itself!

Thanks Mort for the challenge. Though I initally thought your parameters were too harsh I now stand corrected. In the best way possible! :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussions”