An Event 02.15.2017

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
MortisCorpus

An Event 02.15.2017

Post#1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:00 pm

Between 2200 and 0100AM server time (EST) , there will be an event.

ER2+ Recommended, all welcome.
Combat Logs, off.
Extreme mode recommended, off.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

MortisCorpus

Re: An Event 02.14.2017

Post#2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:33 am

There was much disarray! The word was given out to assemble and instructions were given.

"I had been exploring the maze of tunnels beneath Trinity and stumbled across the most unusual place. I found myself in the bowels of the city and realized it was flooding. Fretting for the future of the city I started to explore and found gremlins were hard at work doing something that was possibly damaging the cities very foundation! I went as far as I could before I realized I was only going to make progress if a non-corporeal form was able to handle the task!

Seeking aid in Trinity I mustered all the power I was able and amassed the energy necessary to open a gate from the very center of town, to the depths of the Trinity catacombs. The party ventured in and found gremlins, and "Wolves and Pigs". Apparently their taskmaster was some enormous demon that was hell bent on screaming all the time and liked to slave-drive his workers. They attempted to assault his forces but were battered back not once, but twice.

I will post this notice here for the next adventures. I will need a team able to descend into those bowels beneath the city and bring me the answers I need to stifle the flooding. It is a time essential task!"

Belferon

Re: An Event 02.15.2017

Post#3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:01 am

Hello,

I was just curious if this happened? And if so, how did it go? I just couldn't stay awake last night for this part of the story. But, I'll try to be there for the third part of this story, assuming that it didn't end last night?

MortisCorpus

Re: An Event 02.15.2017

Post#4 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 am

...a summary and disposition as was ordered by King Barrek...

The old man without a surname was found in the offices of the King, no report of his entrance, as usual. No guards had seen him enter and none likely ever would, as was his way. He was in his hard worn elven chain and wielded only his plain walking staff, without his shield or battle gear.

"I used the powers I was able to muster and opened the portal as instructed by Banes Angel. It seemed that the assembled group was larger this time, so at least his request for assistance was heard. I allowed them to assemble and gave them the highlights from my requested scouting mission.

So, as I told them. The gremlins were not to be found. I searched the echoing catacombs throughly. A large contingent of Hagspawn had been staged to assault any further hero's sent by the city. I believe that they were expecting us to try again, and they were ready for a fight. The report from the successful team was lackluster though. They apparently had no time to assess the situation or look for clues to the leak. They took multiple casualties and were rather rough looking on return.

Per their mixed stories, there was absolute chaos on entering the portal. It led deep into the chamber, as I had planned, but they were immediately attacked on their entry. Multiple foes of differing sects and faiths, but apparently all Hags of one kind or another. Once the Hags had been dealt a sound defeat, that large demon was reported to have come from a chamber in the back to face off against them. He was not given a name but had a large contingent of dire beasts as pets. A few of the team fell to the tusks and maw of those nasty beasts. They said that as he fell the portal collapsed and another portal further in the rear opened, but my magics felt nothing and the portal I opened in town remained intact.

This second portal, apparently opened in a Trinity grounds area that is off limits to the public. I would suspect in your personal gardens per the groups descriptions, but did not venture so far myself. There was an assault of Fay at that point. I think per there banter with me that one of the Fay generals, Tomten, was seen there and they dealt one of his many mortal shells a defeat. They said that Minotaur were seen on the grounds, but surely the Trinity mages would have felt such an intrusion. I certainly did not feel the comings and goings of a large group of magical beasts, but I have not been attentive to such things since the recent activity with Mephistopheles.

The party then proceeded to speak to the death of Tomten opening yet another portal, a third, to a castle front in the country somewhere outside of Trinity. The reports there were that Balors, however unlikely, were seen in cohort with a huge floating skull that was ordering them about. They were able to kill these foes and then return to me.

The odd part, I never felt my portal magics shift. They reported multiple shifts in the magics I was maintaining and I can say with some certainty that such things are not within mortal means. If they did indeed do all of these things then there is a fouls sort involved that is more powerful than anything we have seen yet.

I will keep the mages in Ahala on guard. We will watch the veil on the city and report back. We may have been successful this time, but we have no information on who or why this is happening."

((More certainly to come.))

Return to “General Discussions”