Strength based high AB and AC meleer and caster

Ask for a build plan.
Galaphile

Strength based high AB and AC meleer and caster

Post#1 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Trinitarians!

I am looking for advice for a high AB and AC meleer that is viable at both lvl 30 and 40. I would like to have sweeping strike and quake shock, but I like to cast as well, so as not to be too bored spamming attack and the same two activities all the time. Maybe some levels of bard or cleric? Maybe a ranger base? With some interesting prcs thrown in? Strength & charisma build?

I'm open to ideas on two handed or double weapon builds, this guy should be able to dish out some damage. Sword and board could be an option but I would have to find a nother couple of attacks from somewhere so as not to hinder the damage output too much.

Race wise I have no predilection, maybe Yuan ti?

If possible epic stoicism would be great for this 5 extra strength points.

Lomir

Re: Strength based high AB and AC meleer and caster

Post#2 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Honestly, just do full FS. It's easy to get all the nifty casting feats, as well as having a few to spare for some melee stuff. With buffs, you'll keep your AB reasonably high as you go.

MortisCorpus

Post#3 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Yuan-ti
13 Fighter, 1 Cleric (Air/Earth), 8 Sorcerer, 18 Eldritch Knight.

Your casting prowess will suffer as far as DC, but once you gain Epic Confluence you should see reliable damage increases for save vs. half damage.

I would imagine that your AB will be high enough to not net a gain from tensors but the strength coupled with Divine Might/EDM would be nice. Only take one of the two between Mage Armor and Divine Shield.

This build will net 26 CL for natural progression with Teleport.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Galaphile

Post#4 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Thx for the feedback guys! I like the fighter 13 route, and I know that the full FS for 40 levels is powerful, I can probably get better AB from the fighter.

I already have a gish toon, and a druid, so if possible would like to experiment with bard or clerical spells. Something in which I wouldn't have to sacrifice more than say 3 ab to have some spellcasting versatility (maybe bard and canaith lyricist, or something of the sort)

What about a monk/cleric/sacred fist and something else? Would this be a top tier build with AC and good ab and moderate damage?

kc2345

Post#5 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:46 am

A cleric sacred fist build is viable, but will not be high damage as you'll likely prioritize Dex and Wis for AC, neither of which contributes to damage output. Furthermore, using the bracer slot as a weapon means you have 2 equipment slots less than a weapon user.

EDM Str + Cha doubleweapon builds are top tier in firepower, but you definitely do need a PTWF crookweave to play one as the Dex requirement to take the actual feat is crippling otherwise.

Two-handed is generally not really worth it IMO, as the damage gained from Str is eclipsed by feats, buffs and ER3 metal forging. You also lose significant AC by not using a shield. Monkey gripping dual 2 handers is an option, but you need significant AB boosts to offset the loss in accuracy.

Galaphile

Post#6 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:21 pm

On a double weapon strength + charisma build, what are your suggestions? I would like to stay away from arcane if possible and focus more on fighter plus bard or FS if possible... Maybe paladin is the way to go, not sure...

kc2345

Post#7 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:59 pm

You can use adam's FS build as a template:

http://nwn2db.com/build/?261327

Do note that you will need a PTWF crookweave and ER3 to get full benefit.

Galaphile

Post#8 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:18 pm

Thx KC! If I wanted to take the Fighter/Bard route instead of the FS, what would you suggest?

kc2345

Post#9 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Ant and Caylin have fairly potent Fighter/Bard/Swiftblades with a Cleric dip. Maybe drop them a message when you see them in-game?

Caylin

Post#10 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:12 am

Mine is a drow bard 12, sw 7, cleric 1, 20 fighter. It hinges on having a ptwf ammy and a turken feather though. Also quite high on the want list is a elf only crookweave chainmail with good immunitys.

It is possible to drop some bard for more fighter if desired but this setup exactly nets you lvl 6 bard spells. I get around 102 ab, 116 ac with 50% undispellable conceal on mine and high dam due to ews and edm on a doubleweap along with 50 str and cha.

Return to “CBRI (Character Build Request Initative)”