CBRI: the most resielient archer

Ask for a build plan.
Omega

CBRI: the most resielient archer

Post#1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:16 am

well I noticed I have too much lag (probably a problem on my part)
so in order to remain useful in events and groups I thought to make something that atleast do some damage and don't die too much.

as I have almost zero control over my character she must do everything on his own. so I thought someone with range damage would be best for this task with almost no intervention from me.
defence is top priority for me to remain functional.

thank you very much

adam

Re: CBRI: the most resielient archer

Post#2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:22 am

This is kc2345's department....

kc2345

Post#3 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 am

This should work - Deep Gnome Slingshot Cleric
http://nwn2db.com/build/?260552

Using a good DM award sling + large shield will yield up to +6 spellslots for each level - way better than the longbow option, although damage per shot is lower.

Covers most bases and has full 40 cleric for caster level and buffs. Should easily break 120 AC by 40 with 50% conceal and HIPS.

Medium and Heavy armor optimization and specialization feats are Armor Skin II, III and Elusive Archery (Works with a shield)

Do note you can choose 1 of 2 playstyles - either archer or healbot.

Clerics can spontaneously cast Mass Cure X Wounds spells and these have full map range - you can spam these spells to keep people alive as an alternative to shooting stuff.

MortisCorpus

Post#4 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 am

A very decent Drow slingshot can be found in Drow Castle area, if your looking for a decent sling whist trying your luck with DM Awards.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Ariakus

Post#5 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:36 pm

kc2345 wrote:Clerics can spontaneously cast Mass Cure X Wounds spells and these have full map range - you can spam these spells to keep people alive as an alternative to shooting stuff.

The spell description says the Area of Effect for these spells is Large, I believe. Is this a specific change just on ROT?

MortisCorpus

Post#6 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Ariakus wrote:Is this a specific change just on ROT?

Yes.

Omega

Post#7 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:44 am

This is a very interesting build, thank you very much KC. I don't like cleric that much but it give me two different option to be useful
I will post any question regarding the build.
For now, steadfast determination seems to be in most builds, what is the reason.
You mentioned mass cure x have unlimited range, like mass cure light wounds of any caster cover whole map? or it's just cleric specific.
About drow sling if it's for drow only class I would need some UMD to use it correct?

MortisCorpus

Post#8 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 am

The Drow sling has no requirements. It has a good damage spread until you get lucky with a DM award.

kc2345

Post#9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:43 am

The Mass Cure X Wounds spells have full map range regardless of what class casts them. Clerics have the advantage of being able to spontaneously convert a memorized spell into a Cure/Mass Cure. FS and SS can do so too, but SS is not a good archer class (FS is a good alternative, but no diety favors slings)

Steadfast is there to prevent cases of instant death - there are some enemies like beholders that will spam low DC fort save attacks. Having Steadfast means you don't have to worry about unluckily rolling a 1. That said, archers can possibly do without it due to being able to attack from range and stealthing - but it is still nice to have.

Picked cleric because you wanted tough - clerics can get immune to all 5 basic elements and negative energy and have up to 80 SR with buffs while still hitting high ABs and ACs. Main issues are being buff reliant and having to worry about refreshing short duration buffs.

The build can also go FS (swap to Yuan-ti) which would perform similarly - or you could make it Fighter/Ranger based. Doing so would trade off durability however.

Omega

Post#10 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 am

okay after a few hours trying to remove able learner for FS (I know) and fail to do it.

I come up with this build http://nwn2db.com/build/?262741 in the end I was out of options so I throw random feats to fill them up
armor specialization and proficiency = armor skin 2 and 3 and elusive archery

3 skill focus of hide move silently concentration

I am open for more suggestions thank you :)

about drow sling I don't think any of my character is up to challenge will look in trade center

one thing I can do is to move int to 16 and use it for spell craft to have better saves against spells but I was not sure if it's a good idea tbh

Return to “CBRI (Character Build Request Initative)”